Thursday, February 12, 2009

Look into my eyes...

Pretty funny picture, huh? This is from Halloween a few years ago. My wife said it looks like I have my "game face" on when I play racquetball. She says I look very serious, like I'm going to win the game.


Speaking of game face, we are now heading into the end of third quarter, and MAP testing is right around the corner (end of March to mid-April). We'll be doing quite a bit of review, using our Tungsten test data to drive some of the reteaching. Time to get your game face on.

You are all doing a fantastic job in the classroom, reading, working out tough arithmetic equations, etc. Our focus will be working out more of the "blue sheet" math questions, giving complete responses, and practicing our number skills. In reading, we'll continue to investigate a wide range of literature, but still focus on those key "good reader" skills: rereading, summarizing, inferencing, and connecting.

If you have a "game face" picture you'd like me to upload, bring it on your flash drive. Get your GAME FACE ON!!!!

No comments: